Sarah A. Thompson
Sarah is a compassionate and effective advocate, who places her client’s needs at the forefront. Before joining Sefton Family Law, Sarah was an attorney at a Northern California law firm focused exclusively on family law matters.
Prior to launching her career in family law, Sarah worked in finance, as junior compliance counsel at Sequoia Capital. This unique experience allowed her to gain an understanding of hedge funds, venture funds, and employee benefits, which has proven advantageous in the field of family law.
Sarah attended law school at the University of San Francisco, graduating with honors in the top 20% of her class. During her tenure, she interned in the Dependency Team at the Office of the City Attorney of San Francisco and Legal Advocates for Children and Youth and achieved successful outcomes for her clients in a contested restraining order hearing and a contested custody hearing. She also worked with USF’s Criminal and Juvenile Justice Clinic and participated in the Intensive Advocacy Program, where she learned essential trial skills. It was during these experiences that she discovered a passion for helping families and an appreciation for trial work.
When Sarah is not practicing law, she enjoys yoga, cooking, and travel. She is also passionate about animal welfare.
- University of San Francisco, School of Law (J.D. 2015, with honors, CALI Excellence for the Future Award: Family Law; Administrative Law; Evidence; Federal Income Tax; Public Interest Law Certificate)
- Villanova University (B.A. 2012, magna cum laude)
- Alameda County Bar Association (Family Law Section)
- Bar Association of San Francisco (Family Law Section)
- Contra Costa County Bar Association (Family Law Section)