Carlos A. Ramirez
You will appreciate Carlos’ friendly and professional demeanor and his problem solving approach to family law issues. Carlos handles all aspects of family law including dissolution of marriage, legal separation, resolution of parenting and custody matters, determination of child and spousal support, division and characterization of property and income, pre-marital and post-marital agreements, and trials. Carlos has represented professionals throughout the Bay Area in a variety of fields including entrepreneurs, attorneys, technology, banking and finance, real estate, construction, and their partners. Carlos has experience resolving disputes regarding the characterization and division of complex compensation including stock options, restricted stock units (RSUs including GSUs), carried interest, and deferred compensation. To efficiently resolve complex family law issues, Carlos works regularly with outside professionals including forensic accountants, valuation professionals, mediators, vocational evaluators, and custody evaluators.
Carlos earned his law degree from the University of Minnesota Law School. During law school, Carlos gained family law experience working for the Office of the Ramsey County Attorney in St. Paul, Minnesota as a Child Support Enforcement Certified Student Attorney. Carlos represented the people of Ramsey County in over 150 child support hearings during his tenure with the Office of the Ramsey County Attorney.
- B.A. Political Science, University of Wisconsin-Madison (2005)
- J.D., University of Minnesota Law School, magna cum laude (2011)
- The Justice and Diversity Center of the Bar Association of San Francisco, Pro Bono Family Law Attorney.
- Family Law Section of the Bar Association of San Francisco, Member.
- Barristers Club of the Bar Association of San Francisco, Member.
- 2013 Outstanding Volunteer Award Recipient, The Justice and Diversity Center of The Bar Association of San Francisco.
- ProVisors Growth Institute